Helping Texas Owners Recover Losses From Business Torts
When another’s actions cause harm to your business, learn about your legal options by contacting an experienced business law attorney. At the Dallas law firm of Cortez Law Firm, PLLC, our lawyers apply years of litigation experience to helping Texas businesses recover from the wrong doings of others.
What Are Business Torts?
Business torts are wrongful acts committed — intentionally or negligently — against businesses, which may lead to financial losses. Some examples of business torts include:
- Tortious interference: Wrongful interference with a contractual relationship
- Fraudulent misrepresentation: Making false statements upon which another relies, leading to damages
- Unfair competition: False advertising or marketing a product that is substantially similar to another
- Computer or hardware damage: In some jurisdictions, the negligent or intentional damage to computer systems that harm profits or security
- Restraint of trade: Keeping another from conducting business as usual
- Defamation, libel or slander: Sometimes called “disparagement,” false statements regarding the quality of services or goods provided by a business that lead to financial losses for that business
Business torts — and the resulting damages to a business entity — may be commonly experienced in a multitude of business settings, including:
- Construction litigation proceedings
- Internal corporate disputes between officers and shareholders or employers and employees
- Disputes between business partners
- Employee termination situations
Working Hard To Help Ensure The Success Of Your Texas Business
At Cortez Law Firm, PLLC, we promise to dedicate our time, attention and resources to bringing your dispute to a just resolution through negotiation or litigation.
If you believe or suspect that your business is a victim of a business tort, schedule an initial consultation with one of our skilled business lawyers. We will help you understand your options so you can choose the best course of action for your circumstances.
Call our Dallas office at 214-380-4030, or contact us online today. For your convenience, we offer assistance in multiple languages, including Spanish, Gujarati and Punjabi.